As with any other kind of underwear, thongs need extra care and attention while washing.
There are several things to keep in mind regarding your panties:
- Fibres such as cotton and bamboo that are gentle on the skin are often the best choices when looking for underwear. To be functional, a material must be able to breathe and absorb water. Fabrics made of synthetic materials should be shunned like the plague.
- Changing your underwear at least once a day, if not more, should become a habit for you. Wearing the same underwear daily in and out increases your vulnerability to a wide range of diseases.
- It would help if you replaced them after a year of usage since the material degrades and the natural fit deteriorates. Since this is the case, replacing them is always a good idea. The vaginal health of a person may also be maintained using this method.
Here are some things to keep in mind when washing your panties.
The material of a thong can be maintained over time if handled with sufficient care. Keeping your thongs in top shape is vital because of the high expense of lingerie. Therefore, keep the following in mind while maintaining your thongs:
- Thongs should not be cleaned in a washing machine. Instead, washing them with soap and water would be best. Use a hypoallergenic soap to avoid the irritation caused on your skin by detergents and other cleaning supplies. Cold water should be used to wash the material since it is quite delicate and should be handled with care.
- If you must wash the thongs in the washing machine, use a gentle cycle to avoid damaging them. Consider this a last-ditch effort. Add cold water to the mixture and wash the item in a mesh washing bag for further protection. Take particular care to prevent your thongs from becoming wet from other sources while being washed.
- Thongs should be cleaned immediately after use rather than piled up and washed all at once. At the absolute least, you should distinguish the brighter from darker colours when dividing them. Because of this, it is less likely that the whites will turn pink!
- After being cleaned and laid out on a level surface, you should pat or press them gently to ensure that they dry in a flat position. Because of their delicate nature, it is advisable not to put thongs in the dryer. Allow the air do the job for you instead.
- Keep your underwear in a separate storing area from your roommates and family members to avoid mix-ups.
- After using them, you should not toss them away but adequately dispose of them instead. Some materials like lycra and latex are non-biodegradable, making it essential to dispose of them in a proper manner.
Because thongs may be constructed from various materials, it is necessary to acquire the skills needed to clean and maintain each kind. Consider utilising a drawer organiser to establish a separate storage space for your panties as an alternative to hanging them on a hook or a hanger when you want to keep them organised. Mould growth may be slowed down or prevented entirely if the area in question is kept dry and if wet clothing is not stored there.